It looks like there’s a new celebrity couple on the horizon! Rumors of a romance between Kanye West and Irina Shayk have been swirling for quite some time now, but they were officially kicked into high gear when they were spotted vacationing in France earlier this week. The pair reportedly spent a few nights at Villa La Coste, where they were photographed taking in the sights together. According to E! News, Kanye and Irina “have been seeing each other for several weeks.” “Kanye has been flying in and out of New York to be with her,” a source said.
While Kanye and Irina’s romance may be new, the two have actually known each other for over a decade. Not only did the model once star in one of Kanye’s music videos, but she also walked the runway during one of his Yeezy shows. “Kanye and Irina connected recently when they were both in New York City. They met up one night and had chemistry and hit it off,” the insider added. Kanye was famously married to Kim Kardashian for six years before she filed for divorce in January. They have four children together: 7-year-old North, 5-year-old Saint, 3-year-old Chicago, and 2-year-old Psalm. Irina, on the other hand, previously dated Bradley Cooper from 2015 to 2019, and they share a 4-year-old daughter named Lea De Seine.
If you’re curious how Irina and Kanye’s newfound romance came to be, journey through their relationship timeline ahead.
Keeping up with the Kardashians’ antics is tough, but keeping up with Kim Kardashian and Kanye West’s divorce timeline may be even more difficult. On Feb. 19, multiple sources confirmed the couple’s divorce following months of breakup rumors, and no, we’re not over it. After four kids, seven years of marriage, and nearly two decades of friendship, it seemed like Kim and Kanye were in it for the long haul . . . that is, until the latter half of 2020, when rumors of marital troubles started swirling. There’s a good chance the divorce will be featured on the final season of Keeping Up With the Kardashians, but if you can’t wait until then, here’s everything that has gone down so far.
- Divorce rumors start circulating. On Jan. 5, multiple sources for Page Six reportedly claimed “divorce is imminent” for Kim and Kanye. “Kim got Kanye to go up there [Wyoming] so they could live separate lives and quietly get things sorted out to separate and divorce. She’s done,” one insider said. That same day, Kim posted a picture without her wedding ring on Instagram, but she ended up deleting the post three days later.
- More details emerge about the rumored split. Soon after news of the impending divorce broke, Us Weekly shared the reported reason for Kim and Kanye’s split. “They had a big fight in early December,” a source claimed. “Kanye blew up at Kim and she was really upset. Things between them don’t seem to have healed since that.” Another source for Us Weekly claimed the two weren’t on the same page about the future. As the insider explained, “Kanye is jealous of the amount of time Kim has dedicated to prison reform and the kids. Kanye wanted the family to move to Wyoming full-time. It’s where he sees this direction of his life going. Kim just doesn’t see their lives full-time in Wyoming.”
- Sources claim the divorce will be amicable. On Jan. 14, E! News reported that there’s “no bad blood” between Kim and Kanye and that their relationship is “cordial.” An insider reportedly added, “Kim wants to feel at peace going into this new chapter of her life and is focused on herself and her children.”
- Sources claim Kim and Kanye quit marriage counseling. Though the couple were reportedly seeking help from a marriage counselor, a source for People claimed Kim and Kanye decided to quit marriage counseling on Jan. 18. “He is talking to divorce lawyers this week,” the insider claimed in reference to Kanye.
- Kanye is spotted for the first time in months. On Jan. 24, Kanye was seen deboarding a plane in LA with his entourage, which was the first time he’d been spotted in public since November 2020.
- Financial details emerge. According to a source for Us Weekly, Kim had reportedly begun “talks” with her divorce lawyer back in July 2020 to determine an “exit strategy” from her marriage. “Kim has had all of her and Kanye’s financials and properties ready to be split, [and] it’s a very fair deal for everyone,” the source claimed on Jan. 27. “Kim has all of her assets and financials ready for when she decides to file officially.”
- Kim goes on a girls’ trip to Turks and Caicos. On Jan. 30, Kim was spotted on a girls’ trip in Turks and Caicos, which included Kim’s daughters, North and Chicago, as well as her sisters Kourtney, KhloÃ©, and Kylie.
- Kim wears Yeezys in an Instagram post. While on vacation, Kim seemingly showed support for Kanye when she posted an Instagram on Jan. 31, which showed her posing in a bikini and a pair of Yeezy Foam Runners.
- Kim seemingly takes over Kanye’s closet. Kim showed off her new Skims showroom on her Instagram Stories on Feb. 2, and fans couldn’t help but notice that the room looked a lot like Kanye’s former Yeezy showroom, which was previously featured on David Letterman‘s Netflix series.
- Kanye reportedly moves out. On Feb. 3, sources for Page Six reportedly claimed that Kanye had moved 500 pairs of shoes (among other belongings) out of the Calabasas mansion he shared with Kim.
- Kim and Kanye reportedly spend Valentine’s Day apart. Unsurprisingly, People reported that Kim and Kanye wouldn’t be celebrating Feb. 14 together. “She has a Valentine’s Day celebration planned with her kids and family,” an insider claimed. “She likes to make it special for the kids. She doesn’t have any contact with Kanye. It’s obvious that she is just focused on the future.”
- Kanye is seen wearing his wedding ring. While out and about in LA on Feb. 17, Kanye was photographed wearing a wedding band, though Kim had previously been spotted on multiple occasions without her own ring. That same day, a source for People claimed Kanye isn’t coping well with the split. “Kanye is not doing well,” the insider claimed. “He is anxious and very sad. He knows that the marriage is over, and there’s nothing that can be done right now. He also knows what he is losing in Kim.”
- Kim files for divorce from Kanye. After much speculation, Kim finally filed for divorce from Kanye on Feb. 19, according to court documents obtained by TMZ. Page Six also confirmed the split, reporting that Kim’s divorce lawyer, Laura Wasser, filed the papers the same day the news broke. According to sources, Kim requested joint legal and physical custody of their four children. That same day, a source for Entertainment Tonight claimed the divorce had been a long time coming. As the insider explained, “Kim filing for divorce from Kanye is just a formal part of the process. The couple has been done for a while and have been amicable for a while. At the end of the day, Kanye and Kim love each other immensely, but knew it was time to call it quits. Their children are their number one priority and no matter what will maintain a positive relationship for them.”
- Kim maybe sends a message through her Instagram Stories. On Feb. 22, Kim posted an IG Story featuring the song “Drivers License” by Olivia Rodrigo, and fans thought she might be sending a message about how she’s coping through the breakup ballad.
- Kim is spotted out with friends. According to photos obtained by Us Weekly, Kim stepped out with friends on Feb. 23 for a night on the town.
- Sources claim Kim is concerned for Kanye. A source for Entertainment Tonight reportedly claimed on March 2 that Kim is concerned for her ex’s well-being amid the divorce. “The divorce has been difficult for him, but knowing that he has access to his little ones and has split custody is making the transition easier,” the source said. The insider also noted that the whole thing was a relief for Kim, adding, “She is happy to see that chapter close. She knows that it is what is healthiest for her and her family and she is ready to put this hardship behind her both publicly and personally.”
- Sources claim Kim is keeping the house. According to a source for Us Weekly, Kim will get her and Kanye’s Calabasas mansion in the divorce. “She has made her life there and it’s her kids’ main home,” the source claimed on March 3. “There was never a question – Kim was going to keep the home.”
- Like Kim, Kanye requests joint custody of their kids. According to court documents obtained by E! News in April, Kanye also agrees with Kim that neither party should pay spousal support.
Saturday Night Live paid tribute to weird little flutes in a hilarious sketch, and it’s kinda a bop? During the show, Pete Davidson and Chris Redd were joined by musical guest Kid Cudi for a sketch that still has me scratching my head and laughing. As the trio talked about bringing their flutes with them everywhere they went, including at the club and the airport, it became increasingly clear that they might have an unhealthy obsession with the musical instrument. As if that skit couldn’t get any weirder, actor TimothÃ©e Chalamet made a quick cameo to play his own flute.
It may seem completely random to have Chalamet join the skit, but the actor and Cudi actually go way back. Chalamet has been huge fan of the rapper since he was a teenager, and he previously told James Corden that Cudi inspired him to be an artist. In addition to popping up at one of his shows to recite words from Cudi’s “In My Dreams (Cudder Anthem),” Chalamet was also in attendance at the rapper’s birthday party in 2019, which included Davidson, Kanye West, and Kim Kardashian. See the hilarious skit above.
Kim Kardashian and Kanye West may be going their separate ways after six years of marriage. On Jan. 5, Page Six first reported that “divorce is imminent” between the the 40-year-old mogul and 43-year-old rapper, citing multiple sources. E! News also revealed that Kim and Kanye were no longer together, though Kim has yet to officially file for divorce because “she wants to make sure she’s making the right decision for the kids,” an insider told the publication.
The source continued, “It’s gotten to the point where they haven’t spent time together as a married couple in months. They’ve seen each other for the sake of the kids but have been living separately. Kim knows the marriage is over. She’s known for a while.” The insider added, “It’s not about the marriage anymore, she’ll always care for Kanye but it’s over between them. Kim is only focused on what’s best for the kids. It’s a tough decision for her and she’s figuring it out.”
Later in the evening on Tuesday, People reported that while Kim was preparing to file for divorce, the couple was in counseling to work on their relationship. “They have been working on their marriage for a long time, but no decision has been made,” the source said, according to the publication. Another source added that, “it’s not over yet” and “they are still trying to see if the marriage can be saved.”
Kim and Kanye’s romance dates all the way back to the spring of 2012 when they first began dating. They got engaged a year later when Kanye popped the question by renting out San Francisco’s AT&T Park for Kim’s 33rd birthday celebration, and in May 2014, they tied the knot in a lavish wedding in Italy. Kim and Kanye have four children together, 7-year-old daughter North, 5-year-old son Saint, 2-year-old daughter Chicago, and 1-year-old son Psalm. Their last public appearance together was during Paris Fashion Week this past March, however, Kim celebrated the 10-year anniversary of Kanye’s My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy album on Instagram in November.
Kanye West Christian? Find out what Kanye West’s religion is in this article where we investigate if Kanye West is a Christian!